Submission for nominations- Currently Closed
Next call for nominations will be for the 2013 awards!
Chattanooga , TN – The RPA hosts the bi-annual CHCRPA Excellence Awards Program to recognize outstanding local developments and/or individuals and organizations. The Excellence Awards were established to honor groups and individuals who contribute to planning excellence in our community.
The main purpose of the award program is to recognize groups and individuals who contribute to planning excellence in our community and to highlight projects that promote good planning and design principles. The Regional Planning Agency evaluates the nomination submittals on how well a project has integrated community principles, development standards and/or design aspects into the overall development. Projects should demonstrate the following criteria:
- Quality of design, construction and visual appeal
- Compatibility with neighboring land uses
- Addresses sustainability issues such as energy efficiency, water quality, waste reduction, etc.
- Concern for traffic flow and other utility needs
- Innovative design or development concepts which are transferable to other projects or places
- Reflects adopted plans or policies
- Respect for the environment and conservation of resources, such as ridges, streams and open space, etc.
- Adds public space by creating vibrant and walkable, pedestrian-friendly places with connections to civic space and/or the public realm
- Utilization and/or promotion of multi-modal transportation alternatives
- Follows Best Management Practices and/or other standards applicable to field of interest or development type
Recognition may also be given to an individual and/or organization for outstanding efforts made to improve the lives of others through the field of planning or address a particular need that as a result has advanced or promoted good planning and development in the community.
Nominations are judged by planning professionals of the Chattanooga-Hamilton County Regional Planning Agency. To be considered eligible for the Excellence Awards, the project, plan, individual or organization must be located in the boundaries of the RPA and the TPO. The Transportation Planning Organization (TPO) covers the northern portions of Catoosa, Walker, and Dade counties in Georgia; the RPA’s land use planning boundary covers Hamilton County. The project must also have been completed within the last two years.